Monday 4 June 2012

Amazing staircases

Long long time ago there was a student of architecture. When the time arrived, the student started working on her biggest project ever- the dissertation. The project involved designing a Fine Arts Academy. The student thought hard and decided to make a staircase the feature of the building, to sculpt it in such a way to embody the artistic nature and the purpose of the place. I was that student:) The dissertation was finished and I graduated and yet today, years on I still keep on thinking how I could have done it better. So yes, I like a good staircase! Here are a few interesting ones. Enjoy. And maybe you have something to share?


Longchamps Store , Soho, NY link





Lello Bookshop, Portugal link 







KPMG in Munich designed by Olafur Eliasson link 









Liben, Prague designed by HSH link 




2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I wish I read this before I built my home..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Now that you read this you can advise your friends or possibly get inspired and erect a stair sculpture in your backyard:)

    ReplyDelete